This event really highlighted to me that with a little creativity and effort, low carb options can by far surpass anything that grain eaters have on their plate. We had the normal crackers, cupcakes, and chips also but any low carber could have easily navigated these waters.
- Bacon Cheddar Jalepeno Deviled Eggs*
- Hot Crab and Shrimp Pepperjack Dip*
- Stuffed Mushrooms (no picture but I straight steal the recipe from the Dee Drummond "The Pioneer Woman"
- Italian Meat and Cheese Platter
- Green beans with smoked turkey wings
- Black forest ham wrapped around a pickle with a schmear of cream cheese
- Low carb sangria*
- Low carb Coconut Cupcakes*
LC Coconut Cupcakes
This recipe makes THREE Cupcakes! Yes...THREE
- 2 ounces of very soft cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of softened butter
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut extract.
- 2 packs of Splenda or Truvia (taste to see if you like the sweetness, you can bump up the sweetness with sucrolose drops and not increase the carb count
- 1 tablespoon of unsweetened SHREDDED coconut
- Teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Cream together until smooth and place in a sandwich bag.
- Optional - a tablespoon of unsweetened FLAKED coconut for the topping. You don't need it but it gives a great look and a nice crunch. Google how to toast coconut because I sure burned my first batch.
For the cupcakes: (Mix this all up in a bowl)
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 Tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon Almond flour
- 1 TEASPOON of coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp of melted butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Coconut Ciroq (totally optionally - I buy the airplane size bottles of all kinds of alcohol for cooking)
- 8 packs of sweetener (Truvia or Splenda) or equivalent sucrolose drops. Drops reduce the carb count..I've starting using a combo of powdered and drops because I haven't quite mastered how many drops to use.
- Pinch of sea salt
Bake at 350 for about 15-18 minutes. They will rise and be a gorgeous golden brown color. NOW LISTEN TO ME PEOPLE - let them cool...I mean really, really, cool. Like wait 3 hours or so. There is something about the almond/coconut flour flavor that seems to go away when it's completely cool.
If you are greedy like me, you must must try one while standing at the stove. But I'm telling you, they taste much better NOT warm. Pipe the icing on and top with a little toasted coconut. DELISH!!!!!
I am horrible about calculating the carb count but we are still talking 6 or 7 carbs per cupcake. This ain't for everyday eating.
Low carb Sangria
Must put the disclaimer out there - Please do not drink alcohol if you are in Induction or are at a stall. It can wait. : )
- 3 parts Crystal Light Raspberry...Make it a little stronger than usual (meaning not as much water), we are making fake wine here.
- 1 part Crystal Light Lemonade..
- Add frozen raspberries and blackberries. (I don't really eat the fruit although berries are legal in small quantities)
- Vodka - spring for something good!
- Let the fruit marinate in there for a few hours
- Finish with Diet Cranberry or Sprite Zero Cranberry.