Pair this with some crunchy coleslaw and your belly will thank you. Makes two giant cakes or 4 regular sized.
Easy Crab Cakes
- 1 pound of Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
- 2 tablespoons of finely cut onion
- 2 tablespoons of chopped roasted red peppers (the kind you find in a jar - I get mine at the Dollar Tree)
- 1 beaten egg
- Teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of cruched pork rinds
- Tablespoon-ish of mayo
- Tablespoon-ish of Old Bay seasoning.
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Chopped parsely (optional)
You can also use this same recipe for jumbo lump crab, salmon, or even mackeral cakes (depending on your budget).
Sautee the onion in butter. Once they are soft, add the minced garlic and the chopped up roasted red peppers. Once this is warmed through, set to the side.
Put crab meat in a bowl, add the mayo, egg, Old Bay seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and crushed pork rinds. Gently add the onion, red peppers and minced garlic mixture. Pat into cakes and put in the refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes. (you don't have to but it helps hold it together). Fry them up in a hot butter pan!
- Mix 3 tablesppons of Mayo, a teaspoon of mustard, minced garlic, a healty dose hot sauce (or siracha), paprika, two packs of Splenda, creole seasoning, and a little pickle juice.
- Bag of shredded cabbage (or slice your own). Works with regular or red cabbage
- 3 tablespoons of Mayo
- 1 tablesppon of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Splenda (or your sweetener of choice)
- Celery seeds
- Garlic powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper