Powdered peanut butter used to be more of a specialty item but I have seen it lately in many grocery stores and even in Big Lots. At 1 net carb per 2 tablespoons, you can get the taste of peanut butter without the carbs.
As usual, these measurements are for 3 Cupcakes. Although I usually 2 tablespooons of heavy whipping cream, I think the sourcream made a nice moisture compliment to the other dry ingrediants.
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 2 ounces of very soft cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of softened butter
- 1 Tablespoon of PB Fit (Powdered Peanut Butter)
- 2 packs of Splenda or Truvia (taste to see if you like the sweetness, you can bump up the sweetness with sucrolose drops and not increase the carb count
- Cream together until smooth and place in a sandwich bag.
Cupcakes: (Mix this all up in a bowl)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 Tablespoon of full fat sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon Almond flour
- 1 TEASPOON of coconut flour
- 1 Tablespoon of PB Fit
- 1 Tbsp of melted butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Hershey's Unsweeted Cocoa Powder
- 1/8 of teaspoon of instant coffee or expresso (it's a strong flavor, so actually less than 1/8 of a teaspoon)
- 8 packs of sweetener (Truvia or Splenda) or equivalent sucrolose drops. Drops reduce the carb count..I've starting using a combo of powdered and drops because I haven't quite mastered how many drops to use.
- Pinch of sea salt
Bake at 350 for about 15-18 minutes. Let them cool completely down (a few hours if you can spare the time). Special occasion only!